Search This Blog

Monday, November 14, 2011

Lobster

There are few things in the world that I love quite as much as seafood....and lobster more than anything. Anyway, I wanted to go to the store to obtain soda. I dont drink a lot of it, as its not really good for you, but Billy loves soda, and I really had a craving this week for it. SO. I was looking to see the best deal for soda, and came across the best deal at Big Y.

Also, at the same time, I noticed that they had lobster for $4.95 a pound. They also had crab meat, fresh, for $6.99 a pound. Billy and I decided that lobster was what was for dinner. :-) We went to Big Y and bought not only lobster and crab, but soda and milk, and something else that I don't remember at the moment. Large score....one of my favorite sodas is Cherry 7-up. It was on sale. YAY!

Now, I have eaten lobster my entire life. However, i have never cooked one. I'm honestly afraid to...i feel badly. But, before you ask how I can eat a steak without feeling bad, but feel guilty about a spineless crustaecen, its easy....i'm not the one killing the steak. I dont think about it. However, I was goign to put the lobster in water. Thankfully, I didn't have to, because I was watching the Giants game, and Billy did the murdering for me. I made the accompaniments, including the butter, brussell sprouts, and rice. I laid out the plates. Billy put them in the water.

I have also only had steamed lobster once. I remember why. I cracked it open, and splattered greed GOOK (ewwwwww) all over my clothes. Its disgusting, and slimy, and reminds me why I generally eat baked stuffed lobster. Thats next. I'll try that next time. No green crap spewing all over me and my clothes. I suddenly flashed back to eating at Red Lobster in Portsmouth, NH with my parents about 12 years ago, where a similar thing happened, and I ruined my jacket. Nope. No more steamed lobster for this chick.

Anyway, it was fabulous, and we both sucked down claws and tails. Yummo. Absolutely fabulous. I will never pay 17.00 per plate out again for lobster. No thank you. Our whole meal, including sides, butter, lobster, and drinks was probably 15.00. The lobsters were 11.00, and each of our lobsters was about 1.25 lbs. Just enough. Would be better with stuffing. I'll save even more. Stuffing is cheap. :-)

Anyway, lobster. Thats what was for dinner. I was sad when there was no more left...maybe for my birthday we'll buy more. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment