Search This Blog

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Another seafood post.....

In line with my last post, I figured that I would post another one.

Did I mention that I love fried seafood? Well, if I didn't, allow me to mention it now. I LOVE (note the capitals) fried seafood. Now, living on the CT shoreline, that gives me a lot of options as far as places to go, but we do have a favorite. We started with a place in North Branford, called Supreme Seafood. Good stuff, however, they only take cash (which I rarely carry). http://www.supremeseafood.net/index.html

So, we located a place here in Branford that is amazing. Its called TNT Seafood, and is attached to a Ritas italian ice. Scrum diddly. They also use a little different batter at TNT that uses cornmeal.Its absolutely delicious. Reasonable as well. We also get an italian ice for dessert. I've never eaten in, but have generally taken it home, and its really good. The only downfall of them is that they are only open until 8pm generally, which is fustrating.

So, they have an extensive menu, but we stick with what we know. Allie really loves their burgers, and we generally get the double combo plate with whole bellied clams. Then we get the shrimp and scallop combo. Extra tartar sauce, and more onion rings then fries. The onion rings are delicious.

So the other night, I decided that we were going to have seafood, because I haven't had any in a while. So, I hopped down and went to order the usual. Well, as I was spitting out my usual, they informed me that they had no whole bellied clams. WHAT? REALLY? that almost put a kibosh on the whole order.

Anyway, I had clam strips. EW. Never again. There is a huge difference, and I personally prefer the whole bellies. WOW. Never realized that strips were quite so obnoxious.

Anyway. I got italian ice to go, came home, chowed down, and made the decision that I will go to visit on Thursdays, when I can guarantee whole bellied clams.

Do you prefer strips or whole bellies?

No comments:

Post a Comment